Precision Technology with Tradition
Schroeder Valves is a 120 year old family owned and operated company. Our history dates back to 1889, when Heinrich Schroeder established H. Schroeder & Co. GmbH & Co. KG in Gummersbach, a rural community east of Cologne. Until the end of World War II the company manufactured agricultural equipment. In 1950 we started to design and produce protective pump fittings.
In subsequent decades, we expanded and optimized our portfolio with several new developments. Throughout its history Schroeder remained family owned and operated, with Axel Muecher taking over the leadership in 2005 after the retirement of his father.
Under Axel Muecher’s leadership, Schroeder successfully pursued international expansion and grew rapidly. In 2010, Schroeder opened its doors to a new state-of-the-art factory which doubled its operating capacity. The new headquarters allow Schroeder Valves to effectively respond to the growing global demand for its products.
- 1889 Company founded by Heinrich Schroeder in Gummersbach-Elbach
- 1935 death of founder, successor: William Schroeder
- 1950 Construction of the first free-running type check valves GD + SD
- 1955 Development of the TDN series
- 1958 Development of the Series SSV1
- 1967 Development of the Series SSV5
- 1973 Death of William Schroeder, successors: Lore and Martin Schroeder
- 1975 Development of the minimum compact system SMA63
- 1978 Construction of 3 test rigs - for flow testing of the valves
- 1980 Development of the series SSV10 + SSV18
- 1986 Death of Martin Schroeder
- 1997 Death of Lore Schroeder, successor: Karl-Heinz Muecher, nephew of Martin Schroeder
- 1999 Development of the SMV series for LPG applications
- 2005 Retirement of Karl-Heinz Muecher, successor: Axel Muecher, International expansion Further development of the test rigs - Control / PLC
- 2008 The company is renamed Schroeder Valves GmbH & Co. KG
- 2010 New company headquarters in Gummersbach-Windhagen
- 2015 Development of the high pressure valve SHP